Saturday, February 15, 2014

Warning: side effects include insomnia

Nothing like a little stress to keepa the midnight oil burning. I was lying in bed with some decent ideas running through my head. Like: I should ask the excavators if I could bury my hoselines, irrigation stubs, and window wells before they completely backfill the basement. That way I won't have to rent a trencher or dig it. Well with so much running through my head and so many details to recall I had to get up to write it down. It cost me a half hour of sleep but may have saved me hours of trenching if it works out.
On a side note, living with other people for free is not without its costs. This is the second time we are living with my in laws while building. I don't know if the extra 2 kids or me just being older and crankier but it is a lot tougher than I remember. Food preparation, food consumption, kitchen clean up, parenting the little ones, family meal time, bed time, etc ad neaseum. I seriously need more close friends who aren't related to anyone in the house that can offer support and hear me vent frustrations.
Don't get me wrong, my inlaws are great and generous but sharing space with anyone is tough. Most days I want to send my kids away but I stick with it. They may turn out well despite their father.

No comments:

Post a Comment