Saturday, February 8, 2014

Water Supply

I have made some major progress. Unfortunately it's all on paper. I have known many who have built a new home. And by built I mean they purchased a new home being built by a builder and had some input into the finishes and certain options. The blessing and curse of building a home yourself, or at least designing and managing the project is that there are no decisions made, no set plans. So every bit of the home comes from you (or your better looking spouse, in my case). I have spent some time looking at how I wanted to run our water supply. On Diamond (our last project) we had two of the Manabloc manifold systems. We loved that they had pretty quick hot water to the fixtures (for the fixtures near the water heater) and there was never a drop in pressure when using multiple fixtures (no spurts or cold water while in the shower when someone used the sink or toilet. So I am disposing of the 120 gallon solar/electric water heater we had and opting for two 7.9 gallon per minute gas tankless water heaters (gas was not an option on Diamond). One will be on outside north wall and one will be in the garage on the south side of the house. These water heaters will feed two manifolds and will provide shorter runs and hopefully quicker water to the fixtures.

1/2", 24 Port PEX Press MANABLOC (9 hot, 15 cold)

No comments:

Post a Comment